Thursday 19 May 2016

Why I'm running again

Happy Throwback Thursday!

Remember when I was being healthy and lost four kilos in four weeks? And how I followed up with tips on how I conquered healthy life struggles? Well......A few weeks into "Vac and Chill" I'd forgotten all about healthy eating and living. Being at home and having nothing to work to tends to do that to me *hides face* but that all stopped this Tuesday. Why? I'm going to run in the MTN half marathon, that's why. Also I feel like as someone who's venturing into the health profession I should be an example and I should definitely know better. So I've changed my diet and I'm exercising on a regular (like every day) basis now. *grins*

Registration details on Page

So about that half marathon. Well, It's been something on my bucket list and something I'd said I'd get done this year. You know those goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of the year? Well I do them every quarter and keep track of them by Taking Stock. See here and here. I can't wait till the next one so I can let you all in on what I've been up to.

Anyway, one of my friends ( hey Chishala!) knows I like to run and sent me the poster. I was so excited and started training that very day. Lol. Yes, I'm eager. Initially I was working towards the 15 km run but a friend of mine (Hi Wila!) asked me why I wasn't doing the 21 km run and got me motivated for it. So I told him I'd see where I get with my training and let him know how I was feeling about it next week. Fair enough hey?

My first day
In the google play store  
In conjunction with exercise I'm also eating healthier and keeping track of all my workouts and steps using my Google Fit : Fitness Tracking app. It's amazing! I absolutely love it and I'm able to see how much progress I'm making. I'm currently running 4 km with an average pace of 7 min/km (yay improvement!) and I'm hoping to be at 21km by the time June 18th rolls around. Wish me luck!
Please join in if you're interested? I'd love a few/lot more running buddies. I've already succeeded in recruiting some of my family and friends and we can cut this off our bucket list together! It'll be fun *winks* Unfortunately this is a Lusaka based event so for the rest of you, please find a race to train for in your area and join in on the fun! We could form a support group or something? I'd love that. Anything for motivation you know? Add me on snapchat: Mwapssy, to see my progress and get yourself a Fitness app too. Your body will thank you for it and your energy levels will be through the roof!

Smoothie :)

Oatmeal treat

I've got a couple of Healthy recipes I've been trying out the last few days so you know I'll be sharing those with you soon. Be on the lookout! As well as for a new segment I'm introducing: Feature Fridays; First post up tomorrow. It's a special one.

Okay, that's about it. Let me know what you've been getting up to in the comments below and please give me any suggestions you have for pre- and post-workout foods, drinks and practices you may have. Bye for now.

Bisous
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)