Tuesday 7 April 2020

Faith, Self Isolation Pancakes and other stories


All around the world right now Covid-19 is being spoken about. What started a bad flu making it's rounds in China last October and progressed to cases of pneumonia in December quickly showed itself to be the Corona virus that has spread to all corners of the globe. It has scientists working their hardest to find information on it, health workers in battle against the increasing number of cases they have to treat and governments trying their hardest to keep their people safe. But at the heart of it all is people like you and me who are essential in stopping the spread, once and for all.

How do we do this?
Well, we wash our hands, sanitize, avoid unnecessary contact with other people and most important of all, if you can, stay home. After all home is the safest place you can be, surrounded by all the people you love. I know that's where I've been for the last week.πŸ˜…

It may seem like the world has stopped, all our favourite things are cancelled, and the media is just out to instil fear in us but that's so far from the truth. There are so so many things that we can get up to and because we have the love of God in us there's no need to be afraid. His perfect love drives away all fear.😍 (1 John 4:18)




So as soon as I was done with my exams, I slept them off (you know how much work goes into those things πŸ˜“), packed my bags and headed back home for a well deserved break. I don't get that much time off to spend with my people so whenever I do I definitely make use of it. Quality time is and always will be my top love language but a close second, tied with physical touch, is food. 🀀

My baby sister loves to cook. So much so that she can cook every day of the week as long as someone is cleaning up after her, which I'm more than happy to do. But no one can out do me when it comes to making sweet treats. Whether they're baked, fried or frozen, I'm your girl. And that is how I woke up one morning with an itch for pancakes. I mean, who doesn't love pancakes?

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I'm the type of person who will get up and make other people come have breakfast with me even if they weren't in the mood to.πŸ˜‚ It doesn't matter what's on hand, my mum will tell you this, I will always find a way to have breakfast done.

And so it was that morning. I had no recipe but knew I could make them so I just whipped up what I thought would be a good mix for pancakes, got my pan heated with some butter and off I went. Faith in action hey? (Hebrews 11:1)
You know what happened next? They turned out great! 😁 No, better than great, they were delicious.🀀 Typing this up actually just reminded me of the feeling I had when I ate them and has me craving more. 🀀


Isn't that like what we're called to do as believers though? Before we were saved we had an aching to fill a God shaped hole in our lives and although we have not seen Him personally for ourselves, based on the testimonies of others and the things written in His Word, we were given a glimpse of Him and acted on that in faith. See unlike the pancakes that could've gone either way, His promises to us are true (Psalm 119:140) and He is God so He cannot lie (Titus 1:2) so we are assured that He really is working all things together for our good because we love Him and have been called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28) We know this because of all the times He has come through for us in the past and will continue to do so in the future. And because He has promised to never leave of forsake us. (Joshua 1:5, John 14:8, Hebrews 13:5) So I am sure, without a doubt, that He will get us through this. All we have to do is keep living and moving in faith.

Now you know I wasn't going to leave you without a recipe right? πŸ˜…


There you go!
Please, send me pictures or tag me on the gram if you do make them.
And share with me in the comments your stories of moving in faith during this period. I'd love to hear them. 😁

Bisous!
X

8 comments:

  1. Loved reading this Mwaype! We love pancakes too πŸ˜„ with custard πŸ™†πŸ½‍♀️πŸ™†πŸ½‍♀️πŸ™†πŸ½‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I'm so glad you did 😁πŸ₯³πŸ’ƒπŸΎ
      πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Same! Definitely going to have some on hand the next time I make them.πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the lovely words and encouragementπŸ’ͺ.And im definitely going to try the pancake recipe soonπŸ€—πŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome!πŸ€— Thanks so much for stopping byπŸ₯°
      Oooouu!😍 Please let me know when you do. I'd love to know how they turn out.😁

      Delete
  3. ������

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely thoughts. Stay blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by!πŸ€—
      Blessings coming your way.❤

      Delete

Let me know what you think :)