Tuesday 14 April 2020

Taking stock: Corantine 2020


Hey lovelies!
Happy Easter πŸ€—

How crazy is it that the first quarter of 2020 is already done? 🀯 It was just last year that I was counting down to this year and now it's flying past. So while we all have time to read/write I thought I'd do a quick reflection of how I'm doing at the end of it and start this next one on the right foot.πŸ˜… Here we go:

Making: So much progress with my studying.
Come on productivity!πŸ₯³πŸ’ƒπŸΎ

Cooking/Baking: Pancakes and dessert french toast bc dessert and breakfast foods are my absolute favourites! 😍🀀Did you get the chance to snag the recipe yet?

Drinking: Water, the answer is always going to be water. πŸ˜‚

Craving: Outside 😭 and I know everyone knows what I mean when I say that.πŸ˜… I've been making a list of everywhere I want to go eat once they open outside again cause oomf shaded me about being indecisive.🀣

Reading:  Guyssssss! One good thing that's come out of Corantine is the fact that I've been able to read.😍 My inner nerd has been doing backflips over all the booksπŸ˜‚
A couple that I've loved are:
Act like a lady, Think like a man - Steve Harvey
To all the boys I've loved before: Always and forever - Jenny Han
The alchemist - Paulo Coelho
Lady in waiting - Jackie Kendall
Americanah - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
(Send me a message if you'd like me to send you any of them)

Writing: More on here than I did all of last year πŸ™ˆ
But also, I'm constantly typing up notes in my phone and writing actual school notes so you can see how I got a little busy doing all that. πŸ˜…

Playing: Tauren Wells on repeat! πŸ‘πŸΎ Love how he can put across his love for God in every song. 😍

Wasting: Nothing imwe! I'm being so intentional about my time (I made a timetable to ensure I get all my work done) about food, about money, and about resources in general.
Adulting well 😎

Waiting: For Corantine to be over! 😩
I really miss being in the hospital. But I also can't wait for the world to get back up from this pandemic. It really shook us up and brought us to a standstill.



Creating: Content πŸ˜‰
But also I'm colouring hey. It's been so great as a stress reliever and an artistic way to pass the time when there's no power. Told you, not wasting anything around here πŸ˜‚

Enjoying: The break. I know what I said earlier but, as someone who doesn't get very many breaks, it's been good to spend so much quality time with my family and friends whichever way I can. S/O to technology for holding us down.πŸ˜…

Liking: The way that people have gotten together to help and support one another throughout this time. 😍 It's been inspiring to watch.

Missing: Hugs 😭 and just getting to physically spend time with other people


Loving:  Two words: Hair growth! πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ₯³πŸ€ΈπŸΎ‍♀️

Hoping: That people noticed God literally pressed the pause button on the world and all its distractions and that He's trying to get our attention. We need to be still and know that He is God (Psalms 46:10)

Needing:  Zesco to respect us 😐 Other people's electricity providers are giving them uninterrupted power for this period but Zesco guys? 😭

Smelling:  Vanilla, coconuts and groundnuts boiling (almost every evening 😍)

Wearing:  Pjs πŸ˜‚
You guys are wearing actual clothes to hang out in your homes? πŸ‘€πŸ’€

Following: Michelle Khare bc oomf plugged me and she's inspiring! 🀩
MOH on Facebook
More news than I have in a while.
Grey's anatomy now that I've gotten the chance to catch up
And Skinny Girl In Transit on YouTube. There are six seasons currently out, go binge watch and thank me later πŸ˜‚

Noticing: That I'm always eating.😭 I actually need to change πŸ˜‚


Knowing: That nothing takes God by surprise. And that He will see us through this like He has seen us through so many other difficult times in the past. Can I get an Amen?! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™Œ

Thinking:  On all the exciting things that the rest of this year has to offer! I'm still extremely expectant hey 😁

Feeling:  Loved, been going on more dates with God in the last couple of days. Also calm bc my God can calm the storms (literally and figuratively

Bookmarking: Sooooo many articles on Desiring God

Opening: My paeds folder more and more.
Plus the YouVersion Bible app every day.

Giggling:  At all the memes I've got stored πŸ˜‚
My sister's always telling me to stop giggling πŸ€­πŸ™ˆπŸ™Š

Bisous!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)