Tuesday 17 May 2016

Road blocks and other stories

Happy Choose Day!!

Have you ever been stuck in traffic so bad that you literally don't move for a couple of (what seems like) hours? Or been cruising along the road only to be caught up in a road block? It's frustrating and annoying right? But being angry or hooting (honking your horn) doesn't get you out of it, no sir. You just have to be patient and let the police officers do their job. And believe that once you get to the front and clear the road block, it'll be smooth sailing once more. That is, until you get to the next one.lol

Why am I talking about road blocks? Esp that I don't even have a licence? Lol. Well, I experienced my own version of one this last weekend. See it all begun on Thursday. I woke up ready to do an inspirational post, got to my laptop and pffft, nothing. I kid you not. I was sitting for almost two hours before I decided to rather make it a throwback Thursday post and put out something that I had already done the ground work on. Crisis averted right? No. *straight face emoji* My writers block slipped into a readers block and I just decided to close up everything. To the kitchen I went and it was a good day to make a sweet potato pie :)

Friday rolled around and I tried to get back into the swing of things but nope, my mind was not having it. I was fighting a losing battle and decided to say a little prayer about it. To curb frustration and tell God about my feelings nje. Hauu. What must happen when you don't feel like you're getting through there either? I chalked it up to moodiness over not being able to get any work done, continued praying anyway and got on with my day. Tomorrow would be better right?



Saturday came and dololo (translation here) progress. You can't even begin to imagine how frustrated, sad, angry and impatient I was feeling. Was I going to be stuck in this rut forever? At this point I couldn't even pray. :( I was feeling abandoned and unheard. Not a good place to be. So I sent out a few (what my friends know to be) emergency texts and talked things out with my people.

There were quite a few tears (on my side) and laughs (on their side and eventually mine) about the whole thing. I poured out my feelings and got vulnerable; we dissected the whole thing and got into the why, how, what and when; they shared their own experiences and gave me lots of advice; and best of all they referred me to scripture (not in a condescending way) and prayed for me. Don't you just love Deep Meaningful Conversations (DMCs)? Not once did I feel judged by these guys and they helped draw me back to the heart of worship. Back to where it all begins. Back to where I'm meant to be.


Just like in the road block illustration, they sat with me and waited it out. They encouraged me to move forward, slowly but surely, and to talk to the police officer in charge (God) to help me get past it. They then clapped and rejoiced with me as I drove off onto the open road, and were sure to check in with me to see how the drive was going. That's real friendship: friends that see/hear you at your worst and help you get back to your best; friends that act as passengers in the front seat right beside you and pick the best music for the journey; friends that point out the road signs you may have missed but don't backseat drive. Those are friends for keeps.

So how am I doing now? I'm great! I'm here writing this for you to speak of the goodness of God. When I sought Him in scripture, song and prayer He revealed Himself to me. Love that I can't even begin to describe (Jeremiah 31:3) washed over me and I felt safe and secure in Him once more. He opened up the door that is my mind and assured me that He has my future all planned out, I just need to walk His path for me. Isn't that amazing? Come on somebody!



 My encouragement to anyone who feels blocked or alone is that: there is sunshine after the rain. Night always turns into day and God is with you every single step of the way. After all, He mentions it twice in His word:
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you" - Deuteronomy  31:6 NIV

"Keep you lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."" - Hebrews 13:5 NIV


Won't He do it?


Bisous
x

6 comments:

  1. Good read. Just what i needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was helpful! Thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete
  2. Well written. Thanks for the encouragement hun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! My pleasure ;) and thank you so much for the support love :D

      Delete
  3. HE is always faithful and when we are stuck and feel discouraged, HE is there to bring comfort and peace.
    I loved reading this Twin!! Thank you for sharing, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is indeed! Our God is an awesome God. No, thank you twin! You're my favourite ;)

      Delete

Let me know what you think :)