Tuesday 24 May 2016

Personality Traits

Happy Choose Day!


Do you ever wonder why it is you're best friends with the people that you are? Or if you know your best friends that well? Or just if you and your friends are really that similar? I did. And when my sister Chipundu introduced my sisters and I to the 16 personalities quiz I knew this was how I could finally find out. I watched a video clip from a segment of The Real 😍 that said, " at any given time a person has up to five best friends." And I felt like that was so true! Why? Because there are five people in my life that I know are going to weather the storms with me πŸ˜„
So on Sunday night and the whole of yesterday I introduced my friends to the personality quiz, asked them to take it and let me know their results. Pretty simple right? Well that's what I thought, turned out I was wrong πŸ˜‚ The quiz claimed to be about ten minutes long and the results pretty accurate. Most of them did it without a problem and I was so excited to see what personality they'd gotten (and if I was right when I assigned each one of them a personality type). I did have to convince 3 out of 5 of my best friends though *cough cough* Chimy, Fwaya & Grace* that it was crucial that they take it. I may have resulted to blackmail πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but that's okay, it got the job done. Lol. πŸ˜‰


You guys!!! The results were so scarily accurate😱 and confirmed that we were indeed a great fit!πŸ™ŒπŸ‘ You know how they say every group of friends needs a party personπŸŽ‰, a confident person😎, an observer😞, a thinker😩, a shy one πŸ˜‡ and a quiet one😢? Well my friends fit perfectly into those roles πŸ˜‚ and I'll let you know now some of their personality traits (with their permission of course).


The party person

This person is referred to as "The Entertainer or ESFP" and it was no surprise to me when my bestie Perry got this result. For me, it was a perfect fit. Yes there were some traits that didn't quite match him as a person but on the whole I knew that was him. He on the other hand needed some convincing and it took lots of encouragement from me, as well as lots of reading into it on his part to finally agree. Lol.
He is literally the life of the party and I know that whenever we link up, whether for a few mins or a few hours we're going to have a good time. He always tells me "Story ati shani? " which means "what's the story?" When translated. He's always making me laugh and I've never met someone who cares for my well being more than Per does.

My mom knows him and my other best friends do to. He's like my big brother and best friend all wrapped up into one. He's super smart. Was on Dean's list a couple of timesπŸ‘“ and is the proud owner of a civil engineering degree from UCT!πŸŽ“And when he found happiness in the form of his amazing girlfriend Bianca I think I was more happy than he was. Lol. Okay maybe not, but you get the point. He is and always will be one of my favourite guys.

"ESFP Strengths
Bold – ESFPs aren't known for holding back. Wanting to experience everything there is to experience, people with the ESFP personality type don't mind stepping out of their comfort zones when no one else is willing.
Original – Traditions and expectations are secondary to ESFPs, if a consideration at all. ESFP personalities love to experiment with new styles, and constantly find new ways to stick out in the crowd.
Aesthetics and Showmanship – Not stopping at mere outfits, ESFPs inject artistic creativity into their words and actions, too. Every day is a performance, and ESFPs love to put on a show.
Practical – To ESFPs, the world is meant to be felt and experienced. Truth is stranger than fiction, and ESFPs prefer to see and do than to wax philosophical about "what-ifs".
Observant – With all this focus on the here and now, on doing and acting, it makes sense that ESFPs are naturals when it comes to noticing real, tangible things and changes.
Excellent People Skills – More so than things though, ESFPs love to pay attention to people. They are talkative, witty, and almost never run out of things to discuss. For people with this personality type, happiness and satisfaction stem from the time they spend with the people they enjoy being with.

ESFP Weaknesses
Sensitive – ESFPs (especially Turbulent ones) are strongly emotional, and very vulnerable to criticism – they can feel like they've been backed into a corner, sometimes reacting badly. This is probably ESFPs' greatest weakness, because it makes it so hard to address any other weaknesses brought to light.
Conflict-Averse – ESFPs sometimes ignore and avoid conflict entirely. They tend to say and do what's needed to get out of such situations, then move on to something more fun.
Easily Bored – Without constant excitement, ESFPs find ways to create it themselves. Risky behavior, self-indulgence, and the pleasures of the moment over long-term plans are all things ESFPs get into a little too often."


The Confident one

Do you have that friend that gets you doing things you'd never thought you'd do? Or pushing you to your limits? All in Good ways of course. That's my Gracie. Her personality is described as "the Campaigner or ENFP" and I just knew that would be her πŸ˜‚ it's Grace Kabamba Nonde written all over and my life long friend never lacks for fun. When she finally did the quiz (she was the last one 😐) I was so pleased with myself because I'd picked her personality spot on. I literally told her "Hahah. I knew we'd be similar! I'm an ENFJ" when she sent me her results and it's funny how the only difference between us is that I'm a Judge while she's a Prospector with regards to the way we approach tasks. Didn't shock me though, I mean after 20+ years of friendship, we were bound to rub off on each otherπŸ˜‰

I call Gracie my life partner. Why? Because I think God put us in each other's lives to help each other along the way. For most of our lives we've been in the same city, same school and same class. Lol. Can he get more clearer than that? She's my sister, my friend, my partner in crime and my confidant. She laughs at me when I call her crying and she gives me thee best advice!   I think the hardest thing we had to go through was when I left Cape Town earlier this year and we both cried (like ugly crying) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but that hasn't affected our friendship. Best believe we're on the phone or skyping every week and laughing our heads off. Still very much a part of each other's lives despite the distance."Even a thousand miles can't keep us apart." And I'm so grateful for her.

"The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.
ENFPs know how to relax, and they are perfectly capable of switching from a passionate, driven idealist in the workplace to that imaginative and enthusiastic free spirit on the dance floor, often with a suddenness that can surprise even their closest friends. Being in the mix also gives them a chance to connect emotionally with others, giving them cherished insight into what motivates their friends and colleagues. They believe that everyone should take the time to recognize and express their feelings, and their empathy and sociability make that a natural conversation topic."


The Observer

This personality trait is described as "The Consul or ESFJ." When she finally did the test and sent me her results my exact words were, " I knew!! I just didnt want to jinx it or make you pick out other options on purposeπŸ˜‚ The only difference is you're observant and I'm intuitive." Because that is literally the only difference between us. Lol. You know when you know someone so well you know how they're going to react in a certain situation or what they're going to say? That's my Chimy. She rarely surprises me, we think alike you know. And that was shown in the closeness of our personalities. Only with the slightest of differences: her ability to observe and study situations before doing something about them; and mine to act on fact and what I know to be true. She can tell that there's something wrong with me even without my having to say anything and i just love that. Whenever I have an idea, crazy or not, Chimy is the person I run it by and vice versa.

We are more than friends, we're family and we spend a lot of time with each other's family. Her mom and I are really good friends and she's my mother's best friend. I was telling her that I wouldn't be surprised if they started going on lunch dates without me Lol. We can always count on each other and know that whatever the situation, we have each other's backs. She's one of my rocks and definitely my inspiration. Chimy has gone through so much but has come out of it with stronger faith, an amazing testimony, an honours degree (second class, yesss!) from UNAM and is a part of the working class now. Look at God! Come on Somebody. #GoBestFriend #ThatsMyBestFriend

 "People who share the ESFJ personality type are, for lack of a better word, popular – which makes sense, given that it is also a very common personality type, making up twelve percent of the population. In high school, ESFJs are the cheerleaders and the quarterbacks, setting the tone, taking the spotlight and leading their teams forward to victoryand fame. Later in life, ESFJs continue to enjoy supporting their friends and loved ones, organizing social gatherings and doing their best to make sure everyone is happy.
Supportive and outgoing, ESFJs can always be spotted at a party – they're the ones finding time to chat and laugh with everyone! But their devotion goes further than just breezing through because they have to. ESFJs truly enjoy hearing about their friends' relationships and activities, remembering little details and always standing ready to talk things out with warmth and sensitivity. If things aren't going right, or there's tension in the room, ESFJs pick up on it and to try to restore harmony and stability to the group."


The "shy" one

Why in inverted commas you ask? Cause I can hardly remember or worse, believe that she's shy some days πŸ˜… shame, she is though. This personality type is known as "The Advocate or INFJ" and when she finally got round to doing the quiz and showed us her results, my response was, "I knew heyπŸ˜‚ I was even thinking nati Fwaya and I are probably only going to differ on our extrovert and introvert charecteristics." Because that is literally the only place we differ. Whereas I'm loud and outgoing, she's quiet and more reserved. Sort of like the Ying to her Yang. In fact, I know she's my friend soul mate and one of the loves of my life😍 (not all the time girlfriend and boyfriend, sometimes best friends).

She's one of the people I stay up having long two hour conversations with on the phone and our friendship has literally stood the test of distance and time: living in different cities and thriving over eight years and counting; showing you that you don't have to see each other everyday to be best friends. All you need is the right foundation, common faith, some shared interests and pure love for one another❤. All the times we've needed and been there for each other I couldn't help but think "God gave me her" and we didn't really need a quiz to tell us this, but it was nice to have some confirmation.

"INFJs find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extroverted types, but they would all do well to remember that INFJs need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. INFJs take great care of other's feelings, and they expect the favour to be returned - sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days."


The Quiet one

The "quiet" one - here's another one of my besties that makes me question her personality traits πŸ˜‚ it literally takes us having to be in a group of people she doesn't know for you to pick it up. Otherwise she can out talk me sometimes πŸ™Š. This personality is known as "the mediator or INFP" and when she did the test (in the early hours of Monday morning when I asked, like the dedicated friend she is πŸ˜€) my response to her results  was "πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆThat's exactly you Mwab." Because I've never seen someone so accurately described. She's my sweetest friend with such a loving heart. She often says it and when I showed her my results she exclaimed, " 91% extraverted 😱 You are the reason we are friends." πŸ˜‚ which I don't believe at all because we were naturally drawn to each other from the first time I saw her, that first day of lower sixth form. We've been inseparable since.

She's my Baba, and even though more often than not she's mothering me, she's also my baby and I love her to bits.😍 She's comforted me through break-ups and dried my tears.😒 We've seen each other through highs and lows, been on a whole lot of adventures together and were housemates for our first two (well basically the third as well cause I was always at her house) years of varsity. She's fiercely loyal, knows my secrets and I couldn't ask for a better friend. Her mamma is my mamma now and we spend time together even when Mwaba isn't around πŸ˜‚ Did I mention she's marrying the love of her life this December?πŸ‘° I can't wait to be a bridesmaid and support her through it πŸ˜†.

"INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.
Being a part of the Diplomat (NF) personality group, INFPs are guided by their principles, rather than by logic (Analysts), excitement (Explorers), or practicality (Sentinels). When deciding how to move forward, they will look to honor, beauty, morality and virtue – INFPs are led by the purity of their intent, not rewards and punishments. People who share the INFP personality type are proud of this quality, and rightly so, but not everyone understands the drive behind these feelings, and it can lead to isolation."


And of course there's me, the (over) thinker with lots of emotions πŸ˜‚. This personality type is known as the Protagonist or ENFJ and  if you want to read more on it and maybe even take the test yourself, please check out the website ( www.16personalities.com ). I can truthfully say I'd be a mess if I wasn't surrounded by my best friends; they keep me sane, happy and grounded. Don't you just love them?😍 I know I do.

Bisous
 X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)