Thursday 12 May 2016

How to: Banana muffins :)

Happy "throwback" Thursday!

So as you know I've been trying out various banana themed recipes over the last couple of weeks. Why? Because bananas are thebomb.com and for some reason I've had a couple of "too ripe" bananas on my hands lately. So rather than let them go to waste, I've been getting creative and trying out a bunch of recipes. My family know not to toss them out now. lol.


The other week I tried out a, wait for it: flourless, vegan, banana muffin recipe.
Yes guys, me! *round of applause*
I was convinced it was going to be bland and dull, but boy was I wrong! Just goes to show that you should never judge a recipe by it's name. *see what I did there?*
Plus it was really special making these because the name "banana muffins" reminds me of the girls in my cell group back in Cape Town. I love those women.


If you'd like to take a look at the original recipe it can be found on Running With Spoons. She has the most amazing recipes and is in love with bananas too.lol I'm obsessed with her blog.



Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 3 bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 1 cup rolled oats/weet-bix
  • 3 tbsp ground pumpkin seeds
  • 2 tspn vanilla essence
  • 2/3 tspn cinnamon
  • 2/3 baking soda



Method

  • Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 12 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
  • Toast Sunflower seeds in the oven and blend into a fine powder.
  • Add weet bix sticks and blend on high until they too are broken down into a powder like consistency. 
  • Mash banana and add in wet ingredients.
  • Add dry ingredients to the banana mix and stir until batter is smooth and creamy.
  • Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full.
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.


As always, let me know if you try it, and tag me on social media. I'd love to see how you do.
Happy almost weekend!



Bisous.
x

2 comments:

  1. You keep killing it with the posts! Amazing, full of excitement, I am definitely trying out the recipe when I get the chance!
    You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Let me know how you do. We should definitely arrange a baking date when you get back twin!

      Delete

Let me know what you think :)