Friday 2 March 2018

Solo dates at hidden gems - Taste by Rootz


If you know me you'll know that I think self love is so important and that it's crucial to take time out to fill your own love tank before you can head on over to fill other people's. 

So that's what I did!


I found this gem of a cafe hiding in Olympia and fell in love with the aesthetic. Come through sunshine, yellow, tea and everything mellow. (Hey blog reference πŸ˜‰πŸ™‹)

It was the perfect place to go and wind down and get all my thoughts together whilst indulging in a delicious slice of carrot cake, perfectly moist just how I like it, served with your choice of either cream, ice cream or cream cheese and of course the prefect cup of coffee. Because you all know how I love my coffee.


Did I mention my coffee was brewed right in front of my eyes!!
Absolute goals!😍😍😍

And the service was out of this world!πŸ™Œ 12/10
I've never felt more taken care of or satisfied at a cafe.
That's saying something cause you know I live for secret spots and cafes.


I went in knowing exactly what I wanted so I didn't have to sit for ages in front of a menu, but I did give it a glance and they had an incredible selection of teas you can choose from as well as a wide variety of cakes, scones, savoury snacks and sandwiches.
High tea anyone?

And to top it all off the pricing is amazing!
I paid K80 ($8.43 usd or 100 rands) for two cups of coffee and quite a generous slice of cake.
So whenever you're in Lusaka do go pop in.
Location: 6293 Kwacha road, Olympia

Check out a sneak peak of my experience in the vlog below:




Have you ever been on a solo date? Let me know some of your favourite places to go!
Or does the thought of being alone in a cafe/restaurant give you an anxiety attack?
I love being in the company of other people (obviously) but trust me when I say taking yourself out is the best thing you can do for yourself.
 So, go ahead, treat yourself. And thank me later.

Bisous
x

2 comments:

  1. I just realised that life is too short to not take yourself out. Thanks for the inspo 😊😊😊😊.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!
      And you need to make sure you are your most important priority before you take care of others or do anything else.
      Please let me know how your date with you goesπŸ˜‰

      Delete

Let me know what you think :)