Wednesday 4 May 2016

How to: Banana Split and other stories

Happy hump day!!

Don't you just love getting to the middle of the week? It means the weekend is just around the corner ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ’ƒ. So speaking of weekend, happy belated Labour/May day to you all.๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰ I hope you enjoyed the gift that was a long weekend. I already alluded to the fact that I did in my last post.


So what did I get up to?☺ Well I had a bomb wash day on Friday with my new haul of Dr. Miracles products๐Ÿ’‡, then I had a lazy Saturday and baked๐Ÿฐ, so I was in my happy place๐Ÿ˜Š. On Sunday I went to church and got refreshed๐Ÿ™Œ (hearing the gospel message is always amazing), did my cousin Chacha's yarn braids while we watched a lot of t.v. and cooked up a storm๐Ÿœ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฒ. Finally on Monday, after doing the cutest Princess Elsa themed cake๐ŸŽ‚, I went on a road trip with some of the youth from our bible class and had the most amazing time๐Ÿ‘ญ. Can you say full weekend?


The adventure went like this:
The road trip was to Kafue town and we ended up on the bank of the Kafue river. If you haven't taken that drive and seen the views through a tourist's eyes *read lens* then you need to stop what you're doing, grab your diary and pencil it in. Zambia is amazing you guys.๐Ÿ˜ I couldn't stop taking pictures of the breathtaking views.๐Ÿ“ท


 


So we got there and took a couple of speed boats act is the river to our destination. Haha, I wasn't ready you guys. Kasela (who planned the day) got us into teams and had us working against each other to build fires ๐Ÿ”ฅand make hot dogs๐Ÿฃ from scratch. This was like outdoor trips to Ndubaluba (an awesome outdoor camp in Mkushi that's near to Chengelo School) all over again. I was low-key thrilled๐Ÿ˜‚ I've missed those trips so much. It was so much fun and I got to know/see sides of some people that I've never seen before. I can't wait till our next one. (Thanks Kasela!)
"Keep on loving each other as brothers (and sisters). Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it." Hebrews 13: 1&2
Some of the crew

How did we make a banana split over a fire though? I was sceptical too when I heard it first, but it was the most simple recipe ever. Like, 'your little cousins/siblings could do it' simple. Don't believe me?
Sunsets on the river

Ingredients


  • One banana
  • A handful of chocolate chips


Method


  • Slice through one side of a banana with it's peel still on so it's almost open in half lengthwise.
  • Pour the chocolate chips in the center and peel off the rest of the skin.
  • Wrap banana in foil and toss into fire (or oven) to bake/roast for a few minutes just so your chocolate chips melt
  • Serve warm with ice cream (optional, but who doesn't like ice cream? ๐Ÿ˜‚)


And that's it! This recipe is courtesy of Lizu Chinyama ๐Ÿ˜Š thank you for introducing this to me friend! I've added it to the rest of my banana bake recipes. Please note that lack of proper plates and tables led to awkward food pictures. Lol.


My cookies need attending to, so I'll see you all tomorrow๐Ÿ˜‰. As always, let me know if you give the recipe a go.

Bisous.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)