Tuesday 10 May 2016

Is that your hair?

Happy Choose Day!

It was mother's day this last weekend and Social media was buzzing with people shouting out their mamma's. I love mine! We spent most of the week bonding and I'll have a Mother-daughter post for you out soon.

So my hair: I know I haven't done an update since I put up my regimen last month but believe me, I have been taking care of it, enjoying it and changing it up. At the beginning of the year I decided I was going to give myself a protective style challenge (along with my castor oil challenge) and keep my hair in protective styles most of the year. It's been going great and because I do my own hair (and have time on my hands, for now), I can switch it up quite easily before I get tired or when I get my three week itch. I've been trying to keep styles in for at least three weeks at a time (to stop my hand-in-hair syndrome) and give it a break for at least one week. You can have a look at the different styles I've had on my Instagram (preview in right hand sidebar)The length retention is REAL! I'd highly recommend this to anyone who's trying to grow out their hair, whatever state it's in; natural, texlaxed or relaxed.

 Snapchat : Mwapssy

Questions:

Is that your hair?
I've gotten so many questions on whether the style I have on right now is my hair. Just to clarify and set the record straight, no it isn't. It's a weave that I saw on one of my sister's and fell in love with so she gifted some to me (we both do hair and will be launching a Facebook and Instagram page soon to showcase our work and so we're easier to reach for bookings). If you're looking for a way to my heart, hair is one of them. Lol.


What hair is it?
So I'm really sorry but I don't know the exact name. *hides face* I do know that it's part of the Noble Gold hair line which is readily available in Zambia and I think South Africa. It can also be found on ebay if you're not in one of those two places. It's synthetic hair, well I haven't put heat to it yet so I'm assuming it is. I have on the colour off-black (1B) and it comes in a bundle of 12 inches which is perfect for me. And I think it's pretty affordable (I'll get an exact price for you soon).



How did you install it?
On freshly washed and conditioned hair, as always. It's sort of a natural hair, blow-out texture which I love because it's not bone straight and blends with my own hair (winning). I have it as a sew-in and crochet combo right now but I'm planning on converting it into a u-part wig when I take it down.

How cute am I? Lol

How do you style and blend it?
It's done in a full vixen part, so I can easily access my scalp, and it's very versatile when styling (which is the reason I started wearing weaves again). I usually only have a middle part when I do this braid pattern but I didn't want to get bored with it so I added two side partings to mix things up a little. I also have my front hairline, nape and baby hair's out (as always) to let them breathe and to help make the hairstyle look more realistic. It's been a week and I've mostly had it up in a bun but I've had it down once or twice and it looks great.

 

And the maintenance?
Well so far it's been a breeze. *flips weave* I've just been taking care of my scalp and the hair underneath (which is extremely important) by using my water bottle and oil mix. My scalp has not itched. I did have a tender spot in the middle of my head that I was quite worried about, but twice daily applications of oils and gentle massages seem to have sorted that out. When I do decide to wash it, probably at the end of the week, I'll dilute my shampoo or ACV and spritz it onto my scalp with my spray bottle. I will then dilute some conditioner and do the same, as well as run it down the hair to help detangle (not that it needs it) and give the hair some life.



It's been a great week so far and I'll definitely do a 1 month review of it for you. As always, let me know if you try it out and if you have any questions on this hair or just protective styling in general just leave them in the comment section below :). Also let me know of any natural hair looking protective styles you have (or want) to try. I'd love to give them a go and maybe even do a review on them.

Bisous!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)