Thursday 21 April 2016

My Daddy God

Hey lovelies! Happy Thursday :)

Have you ever had one of those days where you're just low and overwhelmed with emotions? 
Yesterday was mine. Actually no. Honestly, I've been feeling that way since a couple of days *read posts* ago. I've just been ignoring it and keeping it in check. Cause you know, can't be wearing my emotions on my sleeve anymore. 
"I'm a big girl."
Or so I thought. 
I'm literally sitting at the kitchen table wiping my tears and blowing my nose as I type this. Be grateful you can't see me. I'm not a pretty crier. Ask my best friends. Ask my family. They know.lol 
I digress *hides face*.  Back to why I'm here and what got me to this point.


See during this new season I feel like God has been using me more and more to minister/give His word to other people. I asked to be a vessel and boy has He been using me. 
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"  And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"" - Isaiah 6:8 (NIV)
Remember I talked about it in my Holy Spirit Contact High post? Tells you that you should always be prepared before you ask God for anything right? Well anyway, I've been enjoying it for the most part. Who wouldn't? I get to see the joy in people's faces and hear about how they were looking to God for a particular thing or in a particular situation and that was exactly what they needed. Or my favourite, when someone is thinking or talking or learning about a particular thing that I have no clue about and I get the same word from God. "Same Spirit, Different Destinations" It's exhilarating. But......and you knew this was coming right?......I've been getting drained and discouraged of late.
I was getting to the..
"Even  youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;" - Isaiah 40:30
...part and it was weighing on me. I thought I'd been forgotten or something. Idk. All I know is this cloud of emotion started to build up and reached it's peak yesterday. It didn't help that I was reading a couple of emotional blog posts on singleyoungchristianmom.com and wondering when that stuff was going to happen for me.lol.


But God never forgets His own you guys. I'm here to testify to that fact. He kept sending me reminders throughout the day that I didn't think much of at first, but now do. The first thing I saw was on Facebook:


It literally made my heart skip a beat. Then I get on to my Pinterest and see this:


My mouth dropped.
Then Amanda from my ex-cell group sent this to our whatsapp group
"God is the ultimate dreamer. And when He dreams, He dreams about us, And the most amazing thing that can happen to any human being is to catch a glimpse of what God has been dreaming about for you." 

Yes, I'm the type of person that needs a point driven home several times before it sticks. God knows my flaw and sends me several messages when He's trying to get through to me.
"But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved." - Ephesians 2: 4&5  
 The final thing that hit home for me was a conversation with Grace - my sister/best friend/life partner/ everything (lol, she told me to tell you guys that my life would be boring without her). Please understand that it's not even like she knew what was going on with me you guys. No. We were actually addressing a whole other issue and talking like we do everyday when we said bye and she said she'd pray for me.


I said the same and thought that was that. Nope. God wasn't done yet.
She texted me like a few minutes later with this word for me from Him:
"I feel like God wants you to know that he's going to blow your mind. He's saying you've been trying to make it seem like it's all okay to the world and you're fine but deep down inside you're still hurting and confused about a lot of things. He's saying be still and know that He is God. He wants you to know you can be real with Him and it's okay to cry to Him because His strength is made perfect in weakness. So let Him break all your walls down and let Him play His role as comforter and restorer. Then let Him blow your mind"
 I lost it. It was like someone flipped a switch in my head and touched my heart. The doors that were holding back my tears opened and they started pouring down my face. There it was. What I'd been needing. What I'd been longing for. I told her, and she went on to say this:
"Cry woman. Cry. 
I really kept getting "His strength is made perfect in weakness".
He doesn't want you to be a 'big girl'...He wants your child like faith. 
Meaning total dependence on Him.
And He likes it when we cry out to Him cause then we show that we're helpless without Him.
And He loves you so He wanted you to know that."
Such confirmation! Guys the feels. Such Chills. The good kind though, not the bad. I literally felt enveloped in love and laid all my cards out for God to see. I'm going from being "tired and weary" to seeing that verse in it's context and knowing that God's doing it for me.
" Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those that hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40: 28-31 (NIV)


So why am I sharing such a personal experience? Well, I wanted you to see what my daddy God is doing for me! He can do it for you too if you only accept Him into your life. He'll ALWAYS be there for you.
Bisous
x

P.S I hit 2000 views a couple posts ago (almost at 2.2k now) and was in such awe at how quick it had been since my last milestone and celebration, that I completely forgot my manners. Sorry! 
Thank you so so much guys! God's doing an awesome thing and I couldn't do it without you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)