Thursday 2 June 2016

Mother - daughter dates

Happy Throwback Thursday!
*Cheesing*

So almost a month ago was mother's day. And the week leading up to it daddy was out of town on a missions trip so mummykins and I painted the town RED. Lol, just kidding. That's what we want you to believe. We actually just chilled and did some errands most of the time.

On the Wednesday we went to the mall (Manda Hill) because mummy had something to do in the bank, so I took this as an opportunity to pick up my besty Chimwemwe (she's also my mum's best friend. lol) from her job for lunch. Cause it's important to treat your faves once in a while. That and it was lunchtime. Haha!

After some deliberation we decided that we wanted a proper meal, not fast food, and we went to  Curry in a hurry

Service

Although it's a restaurant with seating and waiters, it's situated at a very busy mall so most people order and take away their meals. The restaurant has a lime green and white colour scheme which is quite relaxing, but they could do with more comfortable seating. I inquired how long the food would take to prepare and was told that it would take fifteen minutes, so we did a couple of errands then made our way back fifteen minutes later and sat decided to sit indoors as opposed to outside. Sure enough the food was brought out for us and our waiter was extremely friendly, explaining all the different accompanying sauces that came with the meal. 

 

Food

We ordered a large portion of vegetable egg fried rice, butter chicken and a few pieces of naan bread to go along with out meal. When it was brought out it was served in hot plates and I approved of the colours (food that looks good makes me happy). However, I do think they could have put a little more effort into their presentation and the plating seeing as it was a sit in meal. 
The food itself was quite yummy. I'm a spicy food person so it was was good to feel all those flavors that were so prominent but at the same time, not too over powering.  It was quite filling and all three of us enjoyed ourselves. For the very reasonable price of about k150 I'd recommend it to anyone :)





Ambiance

I'm not sure if it's always like that, as it was my first visit, but the restaurant was quite busy with people going in and out every few minutes. That said, we (mostly the two besties) were able to sit, chat, laugh and catch up without interruption. I liked the fact that the space was quite open (I can get claustrophobic) so there was lots of air and light flooding in, perfect for picture taking and people watching.

Yap, yap, yapping away. Haha!

And to end the afternoon we got a couple of cones from Milky Lane next door. You know, because there's always space for ice cream; no matter how stuffed you are. Lol


So if you're in Lusaka and in the mood for Indian food, check them out and let me know what you think of them. ;)

P.s here's a totally appropriate, hilarious video that got me in stitches and reminded me of blogger problems *covers face*

Bisous
x

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this. I usually go to Curry In A Hurry for lunch and I am always a happy camper when I leave. Next time I recommend you try their chicken Biriyani!! I am a sucker for Indian food :)
    Thanks for sharing this post twin!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think :)