Thursday 8 January 2015

The truth behind blogging

-Source
Bailiff: Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?
*right hand to chest, left in the air*
Mwape: I do.

The verdict is out people.
"Blogging is easy.." said NO BLOGGER EVER.
You'd think I'd have learnt by now that things are never as simple as they look. But nooo.

"What is she talking about?" Well, there's a reason you don't see professional bloggers telling commoners (read everyday citizens/non-bloggers) to get into blogging; no, it's not because they're trying to keep it all to themselves. Aside from the fact that: writers block is real (!); editing is tedious; referencing can be a tad bit annoying; things don't work out the way you envisioned them. You also have to take a crash course in HTML coding; learn what CSS is and how to use it; and check out a BILLION other blogs for ideas, tips and tricks - just to get your blog to look exactly the way you want. Woe to all those that have mild-full blown OCD; you'll be at it forever, like me. That being said, I'm so grateful for my IGCSE computer studies course ( Thanks Ms. Barnett, Mr. Katete and Mr. Mackenzi *waves*), google and my computer literate friends . Believe me when I say:
Blogging is not for the faint hearted.
Surprised? That's okay. I'm only just getting over it myself.
Who knew that this fun little project I started for the new year would turn out to be so much work? Hectic. Take this post for example, it was meant to be a quick thing yet I ended up working on it for a couple of days before I finally published it. Smh. But like my friend Anesu says, "Nothing worth having and keeping comes easy." Truth (He's so insightful. Check out his page on Facebook and follow him on Twitter!). It just takes a little dedication.

Now don't get me wrong, it's awesome once you get into it; It's only been a week (really?) but I love it, love it, love it. It's like a little online journal that you can share with the world (see what I did there? No? You clearly haven't seen my first post). It's YOUR platform; you can say and write about absolutely anything you'd like. And, you have quite a wide audience; this blog is being viewed in 6 different continents *does the nae nae*. Finally the support. I have an amazing support system already but you guys have been everything and more! Thanks for all the messages, comments, likes, shares, tweets, advice and suggestions. YOU make it worth it *round of applause*

Here's to all that's still to come.
God bless.
Bisous!
x

P.S. If you still haven't seen my To those who are called post, go check it out.



2 comments:

  1. You go gal! You have a follower! Chishala

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think :)