Saturday 20 June 2015

Adventures in Cape Town : Small girl in a BIG City

Photo Credit : Likeleko Mohata

Guess who's on vac??? *points at self* This girl! I hope you're as excited as I am about that!

So by now you've all figured out that I'm a picture person right? Yes? No? What? Why?
You clearly need to go back and have a look at my earlier posts. Try Awol, it may ring a bell, lol.

For the longest time I was convinced I was made to be in front of the camera. *strikes a pose* I was that kid that smiled when I saw the flash go off.  And yes, I know what you're thinking, I was shameless. *hides face* I actually got an award for it one junior assembly in high school. *flashes a grin* It only occurred to me recently that more often than not, I'm the one who asks for the camera to take the shot  or "capture the memory" as I like to call it. So maybe I'm not the model but the photographer? *insert thinky face* That's definitely what it's looking like these days. I actually can't remember the last time I asked someone to take a picture of me, had a full on selfie session or threw myself in front of a lens. Hmmn *taps nose* March sometime? Sorry. I'm digressing. That's another story for another day *winks*.
I'm a huge advocate for memory making and pictures help me relive those special moments over and over. Ask my friends, they'll tell you how annoying I get (Sorry guys! *hugs*).Or better yet, walk into my room, just looking at the multitude of pictures on my walls would testify to that fact. Couple that with my love of adventure and a beautiful city; Pure bliss. So you can imagine how camera happy I've been in Cape town. The seasons, the landscape, the colors, the architecture and the lights! (Eish, the lights get me feeling some typa way! Apparently these are village girl tendencies? Allow. I have a thing for pretty things) I could go on all day. That was actually one of my reasons for choosing to go to school there. (I had other reasons of course and if you ask me personally, I'll let you know.) I mean who doesn't want to live in a beautiful city? But as luck would have it, school does not allow me to go on long photo walks everyday, especially this last semester, and the weather isn't always civil. Annoying right? It's probably a good thing, I tend to get a little lot distracted. You can't blame a girl though. There are however little moments, short escapades and sometimes, when I'm especially fortunate, full on adventures I get to experience and document. It's breath taking. It shocks me how people who've been there for longer than I have haven't even done some of the things I have.  Not the cliche things: beach, the mountain, signal hill. I mean actual exploring. You know: going into town and finding all the hidden places; going out of town and seeing what it has to offer; and of course exploring my very own neighborhood thoroughly. Guess my inner tourist is just bigger than theirs. *shrugs* I've made it a point to never go on an adventure alone. Shout out to my people who are always so eager to come with me! *waves* After all, memories are not just made by being in the right place but by sharing it with special people right? 

Below is a sneak peak of the mother city from behind my lens this last semester. 
Please note, all these pictures were taken by me, using either phone cameras or a tablet. I also learnt how to do a few more things with a professional camera during a photo walk I went on recently.

Strolls on Lover's walk, Rondebosch





Ice Skating at Grand West:






Inspiration walks/ Dates on the town/ Tourist life:

























 Don't just take my word for it though, visit yourself. Explore! It's everything and more.
Bisous.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)