Saturday 30 May 2015

Hair chronicles

Story of my life! Photo credit :Ariel

So I know some of your eyes are probably bulging out of their sockets at the fact that I'm blogging.
"Calm down,"  she said in warm soothing tones while rubbing your back.
Or are you not? *panics* Are you guys even reading? I know I haven't posted in a while and I know I said I would, but time isn't on my side and school and life and......*rambles into oblivion* Snap out of it Mwape! You can't show all your crazy just yet.

Wait, is it my hair? *chews bottom lip, looks around, tugs at hair*
It's the hair right? Phew! *giggles nervously and wipes forehead*
I thought you thought that I'd abandoned y'all for a minute there. Lol. Awkward. I'm a crazy right? You guys know the varsity struggle. You understand *nudge, nudge, wink* Or if you don't yet, you will soon.
Yes, best believe this is a hair story!! *GRINS*
So it's been what, a year and four months since my Big Chop? I know, I know. Where did the time go right? I ask myself the same thing! Especially cause I finally stopped obsessing about it growing and measuring my length every step of the way. *gasp* I did what? Yes, I did. *holds head high* Finally. It took a killer semester, time pressure and lots of stress for me to realise that as much as I would love to: I can't change my hair every three weeks; I can't leave my natural hair out when I have no time to do it and I have to be practical in my expectations.

That doesn't mean I deserted my dream of healthy, flourishing hair. Never! The healthy hair journey is still a road I'm on, and one that I am walking very well I must say. *pats self on the back* I may not be as meticulous as I'd like to be in my hair regimen ,which I will update on the hhj tab, but I have one (conditioner, deep conditioner and lots of oils) and it's working for me. After all, that's all that matters right? My hair's happy and I'm happy! That's something I learnt from my favorite hair blogger Aisha in her recent blog post

I stretched my hair out a little for you guys to see my progress (heat free stretching of course) but humidity shrunk my progress away. Lol. So I've decided i'll do it properly when I have the time and do a proper length check then as well. All I can tell you now is that my bangs go three qurters of the way down my nose and my back hair is collar bone length. Till then, I'll just put it into a puff. Oh and funnily enough my go to hairstyle now is my wash and go! Cause for some reason I love love love my shrinkage now. Guess all it had to do was grow on me. Lol, see what I did there?

Here's a selfie for your viewing, enjoy! I'll see you after exams are over.

Bissous
x


P.s. Don't mind my battle scar. I'll tell you all about it soon.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff Mwape keep up at it...I did the big chop too
    Mpanga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much baby girl! Your bc looks amazing!

      Delete

Let me know what you think :)