Friday 31 March 2017

Meal prep er Fridays?

You know those things, the things that other people do and you think are a little weird until you try them and have your whole life changed? This is one of them. lol.


Ever since I've been on Pinterest meal prepping has been a thing. Like a serious thing. All the food bloggers rave about their overnight oats ( Running with Spoons has some in a smoothie version that I'm dying to try) and YouTube is jam packed with people doing their own versions of it depending on their diet and preference. Check out Domestic Geek to see what I'm on about.

So I've been exposed to it all for a while now, so why am I only talking about it now? Well, a couple of weeks ago in our group chat Mufwaya (Hey girl!) mentioned she was doing it and it automatically sparked my interest in it again. You know, cause I've been crazy busy and coming back from a looong day at school to start cooking from scratch everyday is not my favourite thing to do. That and when am I really going to get the time to cook a whole healthy meal in between coming back from class, going for a run and having to study in the night? 😕

Can I just say: Best. Thing. Ever!
It's changed my life 😍
And helped me eat way better (not skipping meals anymore or grabbing unhealthy snacks).
Plus it's such a great way to save money and cause you're not gonna be grabbing take out when you've got prepped meals in your fridge that you can just pop in your microwave and be ready to go.

Note: Meals stay fresh up to for days and I get to cook what I'd like on Friday's when the hectic-ness is all over for the weekend.

Groceries:


I spent about k300 ($30) on my grocery shop which also included breakfast things, fruit for snacking, water and toiletries (not pictured). 

Lunch and Dinner Menu:


Butternut cubes and Pumpkin sticks (w/mint)
Eggplant chips
Greek salad
Pork Patties (homemade - click like for the recipe 😉)
Avo and Sweet Chili Pork brisket wraps



This week I introduced some carbs back into my life. Don't roll your eyes, low carb diets are the truth! I've a lot of that unwanted weight I'd gained and have tons more energy through out the day.

For Breakfast I'd either have some yogurt and muesli or I'd whip up a breakfast smoothie to go. And of course I had my fruits and nuts on hand whenever I got peckish between mealtimes.


So excited for next week's meals. *writes shopping list*
Maybe I'll start a meal prep Monday? 
Stay tuned!

Bisous
x

P.S. I'd love to know what you all are eating and how you do it all.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)