Thursday 8 December 2016

Thinking Out Loud #2 : Love

Happy Thursday!!
And a happy last month of the year.

Source


So the topic of love has been on my mind and on my heart for a while now.

How to show it.
Who to show it to.
What love is.
Self love....etc

I actually started to read and examine the "love" passage in the bible, more commonly known as 1 Corinthians 13 and checking myself (inwardly) against it. Man was I found lacking. Shem.🙁

Have you ever done it? Have you ever asked yourself if you truly show love? Christ-like love? Not the warm gooey "swept off my feet" love but the giving of yourself type?
It's not as easy as it seems, but it can be if you ask to be given a heart that loves and strive to love all those around you, even those who hurt you.

So do this: the next time you read 1 Corinthians 13, in place of "Love" stick your name in the passage and see if it really does speak of who you are (your character and the traits you have) or whether you need to go back to God and ask Him to teach you a few more things. He may have to break you a little first, but that's just so you can be molded into exactly who He wants you to be. I did it, I'm still doing it and it'd been an amazing experience growing in love💓

Plus, imagine a world filled with love? Now that would be something to see 😍😍
Source
P.s If you haven't seen it, check out my previous #ThinkingOutLoud post and follow Running with Spoons to see all the other posts from around the world.

Bisous!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)