Thursday 17 November 2016

Thursdays are for Thinking Out Loud

Happy Throwback Thursday!!

I've been away a while, it's been one of those months.
You know, those ones where you barely have time for anything.
The ones that move so quick you barely have time to breathe.
The ones where you're going from day to day with a "help me get through today" prayer?
The ones where you're counting down till you get a break? Three weeks I see you!
YES....Those Ones.

Can we just give it up to God for getting us through? Wont He do it?!
Cause 2016 has been something, am I right? 2017 come throuuuuuuuuuugh!!

So today's just gonna be about Thinking Out Loud.


I came across this on one of my favourite blogs: Running With Spoons. And I just knew I had to get into it. For those days when I don't have a structured enough something to share, even thought those draft posts are piling up. *covers face* Or those days when I just want to share the organised chaos that is me.

Family The one good thing that comes out of being at school near home is that I get to see them at weekends and sometimes during the week. I never realized how much of a home person I am till this year. It's my sanctuary and I'm absolutely grateful it worked out the way it did. Even if they are ditching me to go on a road trip this weekend. Smh

Fellowship. If you know me you'll know just how much I enjoy spending time with my People. So you'll understand when I tell you how cranky I am that I haven't seen some of my closest friends, who live in my city, for over a month. Like what is this? What is life even? Smh.

Festivities. I feel like so many people I know have gotten married this year, or are getting married soon. It's been amazing to watch true love declare itself in public and give me renewed hope in it. Not all hope is lost hey. Ain't that a beautiful thing.
One of my best friends is counting down to her wedding. T-minus a month. *whoop whoop* And being a part of the process has shown me just how much is put into it all hey. It's not easy! Not just white dresses, fairy tales and dreams come true. 
It's also made me ask myself a few questions and as a result be referred to a couple of articles and scriptures. And while I'm eager to one day get to that point myself, I know that right now I need to spend my time serving with all my heart, third wheeling and making sure the couples around me are on the path that they should be. I will not waste my waiting period by actually sitting and waiting. Lol.

Also, Christmas is around the corner and I cannot wait to get into the spirit of it all :)

FoodI love food. I love to look at it, I love to make it, I love to try new things out. But I'd been such a terrible eater the last couple of months, because school doesn't allow me to be great, so I went on a cleanse. No meat, not carbs just fruit and veg. I know all you african carnivores are giving me funny looks but...can I just say this was the best decision I could've made? My body has never run better. 
Side note: I may be considering going vegetarian. You're allowed to eye roll here. Lol.  
Only thing is I'm worried about my already unstable hemoglobin levels and not wanting to mess with my health. Anyone with pros/cons/any contributions at all? I'd be so grateful.

 Free time. Can I just say that I will never take free time for granted again. I miss having time to myself that I can just sit and think in. Worry free thinking. I miss that. Now my mind is constantly working, constantly processing, constantly retrieving.  I cannot wait to break off for the semester.

Fro. See the thing is....nah, not gonna. I'll tell it to you straight. One word : Neglect. We thank God that despite that, it's still growing. I'm going to do better now though because the way it is now, I can't imagiine what it would be like if I just took ten minutes out of my schedule to tend to it.

Fruit.  As in bearing fruit. Spiritual fruit. Fruits of the spirit fruit. 
The kind that only comes as a result of cultivating a relationship with God and tending to it day by day. By praying, by reading, by trusting. By renewing of the mind daily, being honest and being aware of the states of our hearts. 
The kind that is seen in you by other people. 
The kind that shows what's going on in your heart. 
The kind that I pray is being seen in me.


Enough of my rambling though, got to go. I need to get back to the world that is Physiology. #FunTimes.
Till next Thurday.

Bisous

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)