Tuesday 27 December 2016

How to : Apple Crumble

On Christmas Eve my sisters decided to go for a photo shoot.


I say my sisters because no one told me beforehand that this was happening.πŸ˜’ And if any one knows me, I do not work well with last minute plans. Not at all. I probably won't (be able to) show up. And that day was no exception. Not because I was being difficult or didn't want to go, I really do make the effort for close friends and family, but because my older sister always has a theme for everything and I had nothing clean to wear in her scheme. That said, their pictures turned out pretty amazing, as you can see for yourself. So there is no salt to be found here. *sits pretty*πŸ˜‡


Meanwhile I stayed at home, like any normal ambivert would do, and got to thinking about what I could do to make it up to them. Cause Guilt doesn't sit well with me at all.😣 Now you know food is my love language😍, so I found myself wondering onto some popular food sites and thinking about desserts, as per usual. As the saying goes, "the way to a man's heart is through his(her) stomach and my sisters are no exception to this rule.



I finally settled on an apple crumble:
1. Because I'd never made one before
2. Because I enjoy a challenge
3. Because my dad likes crumbles
4. Because we had apples to spare in the fridge.'
Do I even need to say more?πŸ˜‚  So it was settled and while bonding with my mom, who was busy doing some baking of her own, I created this little treat.


Needless to say, they loved it and I will be trying this out again😊. While I still have the time to of course! I'd give it an 8/10, only because it still needs some personal touches and tweaking till I can get it perfect. Can you believe there are soooooo many ways to make this?! Here's the link video to the recipe I used:

http://allrecipes.com/video/2608/apple-crisp-iv/?internalSource=rr_recipe&referringId=1282&referringContentType=video&clickId=right%20rail%208&AnalyticsEvent=right%20rail%20nav

Gordon Ramsay also makes a Crumble that is simple and sweet:


P.s If you type "Crumble" into Google, you may get the word "Crisp" come up as well, don't be alarmed/confused. They are one and the same thingπŸ˜‰

Enjoy!😘
And let me know if you try it out.

Bisous!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)