Friday 16 September 2016

How to: veggie roast

Happy Fri-Yay!

I'm home for the weekend, because I LOVE home (ask anyone) and because sometimes I just need a break off adulting uno? Can I get an amen?

So you guys know those people who like to eat fancy food but are too lazy busy to feed themselves? Well that's my whole life story! Loool. *hides face*

I love to cook for other people, absolutely love it. I go all out. Ask my people, I'm just too lazy to do a whole meal when I'm the only person who's gonna eat. You know what I mean? And having a full day of school then coming home exhausted does not help the cause. I thought two months in I'd have it all down and I'd be chillin'.

*laughs hysterically*

Bruh.
Can I rethink this whole med school thing?
Jokes. I'm kidding, mom/dad. Hehe *wipes forehead*

With that said, I'm gonna share a super lazy quick way to eat healthy, and fancy (colourful) looking food. All that without spending three days  hours at the stove, stirring a bunch of things in a pot.
#Winning





Ingredients

An assortment of your favourite oven friendly veggies can be used here. The following are my personal preference:

  • one butternut 
  • one bulb of beetroot 
  • two carrots
  • two potatoes
  • half an onion
  • half a pepper 
  • Assorted spices
  • Some butter
  • Vegetable oil of your choosing

My favourite spice combination

Method
This is the simple part. really.

  • Set your oven to bake at 190 degrees Celsius.
  • Wash, peel and chop up the vegetables. 
  • Place them on an oven tray covered with foil
  • Drizzle the vegetable oil on top of all the veggies except the potatoes and season with salt, pepper and other spices of your choosing.
  • Get a few teaspoons of butter (eyeball it) and drop them on to the potatoes. season with salt, pepper and garlic flakes
  • Pop the tray in the oven and get on with your life. Check on the roast in about thirty minutes and it should be done. If not, just put it back in till it is. This can be determined with a poke test.



Et viola! Dinner is served.

I'm still trying to get into quicker meals so if you have a recipe you'd like to suggest please just let me know by sending me an email, link in right hand column or comment below. I'd love to hear from you and I'm definitely eager to hear all your recipes.




Bisous!
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)