Friday 3 February 2017

How to study: Snack - Caramel Corn Edition

Happy FriYay!

So today's going to be a (semi) foodie post cause you know, there's always time to eat. 

Seriously.

Also I'm a firm believer in snacking to keep me awake during studying. Why? Cause your girl needs a supply of energy and no one falls asleep chewing. Lool. I usually have a bunch of snacks around for this purpose, either fruit, nuts, yogurt or some junk food and tons of water to keep me hydrated. That said, sometimes I actually need to take a break and make a quick snack to wake me up and reset my mind while trying to get some work done.


Last week while I was trying to get some work done for a Physiology end of block test I whipped up this batch of Caramel Corn. It's such a simple treat and it satisfied my candy craving. Although my "Foodies" group did remind me that it looked like a bowl of cavities and diabetes🙊. Meh, I don't do this often.😂 

Please note the lack of specific measurements, I just eyeballed it according to how hungry I was feeling and how much popcorn I made😅

Ingredients

  • Popcorn (microwave or otherwise)
  • Butter (regular, not salted)
  • Sugar (use whatever you have on hand, I used whitespoon white sugar)
  • Utensils - pots (preferably non stick), wooden spoon, oven gloves/mits (it will get hot)

Instructions

  • melt some butter in a pot and when hot, fill it with a single layer of popcorn kernels.
  • Allow popcorn to pop and set aside to cool. Alternatively throw popcorn in microwave and prepare as instructed. Then place in a non stick pot and allow to cool.
  • While it's cooling, prepare the caramel sauce by melting some butter in another non-stick pot.
  • Add some sugar to it (the more you add the longer you will have to wait to melt) and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts down completely and the caramel starts to bubble.
  • pour your caramel mixture over your popcorn and mix it through while it is still liquid and hot.
  • Leave to cool and crystallize - Do not make the mistake of trying to eat while hot, you will burn your fingers and tongue😩
Et voila!


What snacks do you all have when studying? Any suggestions for me to try? Or are you not snack people? Let me know!

Bisous!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)