Sunday 5 July 2020

Taking Stock: Warm Winter 2020


Hey lovelies!πŸ€—

Can you believe it's already July?🀯
If you'd asked me at the beginning of the year I would've never imagined typing this in the time that we are now. But I'm grateful that I'm alive, well and able to do it anyway.😊 So let's go straight into it yeah?

Making: Plans. I've been so good at staying indoors and social distancing but really, I'm done with it now. πŸ˜‚ I'm ready to go back outside.

Baking: Cookies! 😍🀀 Did you guys see my recipe for the best cookies here? The only time we don't have them in the house is when I'm low on supplies.πŸ˜…

Drinking: Water, the answer is always going to be water. πŸ˜‚

Craving: Dates and quality time.😭
I just want to spend time with my people. In person. Texting and calling has been fun and all but I'm ready for the hugs and seeing the smiles. And most importantly, eating food off their plates. πŸ˜‚


Reading:  Here's a list of all the books I've read since my last check in:

The one plus one - Jojo Moyes
Making faces - Amy Harmon
The bird and the sword - Amy Harmon
The hating game - Sally Thorne
The purple hibiscus - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The thing around your neck - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Dating and Courtship God's way - David C Pack
Boundaries - Dr Henry Cloud & Dr John Townsend
The Sacred search - Gary Thomas
Relationship Goals - Michael J Todd
He Motions - T. D. Jakes
Welcome to adulthood 

(Send me a message if you'd like me to send you any of them)

Writing: Still writing school notes.πŸ˜…
Also writing notes in the Bible app and trying to do better at writing on here. Hopefully this quarter will come with more posts.

Playing: Maverick City!😍 Promises was definitely written for such a time as this.
Also, Bigger Love by John Legend. He did such a great job on the album.πŸ‘πŸΎ

Wasting: Going to be honest and say opportunities to create. But y'all, my heart just hasn't been in it hey.πŸ˜”

Waiting: For school to open up! 😩
Despite knowing what a mess my life's going to be when we do go back, I still really miss being in the hospital. πŸ₯Ί

Creating: Ummmh..whewπŸ˜‚ Awkward.
I will get back to it soon. In the meantime, go check out my recent videos.


Enjoying: The break. I know what I said earlier and I said what I said, but naps are undefeated 😍

Liking: That people are stepping up and speaking out. Making sure their voices are heard and fighting for justice. It's been both heartbreaking and liberating to live out the last few weeks.

Missing: Hugs 😭 and just getting to physically spend time with other people (still).

Loving:  Two words: Hair growth! πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ₯³πŸ€ΈπŸΎ‍♀️
If you didn't know, now you knowπŸ˜‚


Hoping: That I'm doing as good of a job as I ought to be at being a letter for God. (2 Corinthians 3:3)

Needing:  Nothing that I can think of at the moment tbh.

Smelling:  Papaya (or Pawpaw as it's locally known) 😍

Wearing:  Pjs πŸ₯³
You guys are wearing actual clothes to hang out in your homes? πŸ‘€πŸ’€ (asking again bc I still can't believe itπŸ˜‚)


On YouTube: Kopano Shimange, Temwa and Anjola, Mpoomy Ledwaba, Mzwandile and Siza, Bethel Brown and The Grapevine (which oomf put me on the other day πŸ˜…)

Noticing: That I've filled out a lot!πŸ™†πŸΎ‍♀️
I wore actual clothes to go outside yesterday and I can see the results of being at home for the last 3 months hey.πŸ˜‚

Knowing: That our God of promises is faithful and true. What He has said will come to pass and He is a good God who has our best interests at heart. But ultimately, and most importantly His way is the best way.



Thinking:  About how quick this year has gone. Granted March was a loooooong one but after that it's flown by! I've been doing an internal audit and thinking on all that I did, wanted to do and didn't do during the last half of the year. And all that I plan to do in the next half.

Feeling:  Loved, my love tank has been filled by my favourites the last couple of days and I'm so so grateful for the love letters God continues to send me in the form of people.
Grateful for every single day that I'm given.
And hopeful for things to come.

Bookmarking: Posts on Instagram! 
Recipes, outfits, quotes and looks.😍

Opening: My Google Podcast app is definitely the  thing I've opened the most in the last few days. But I'm also opening my mind and my heart up to new opinions.
Yes, still opening YouVersion Bible app πŸ˜‰

Giggling:  At the videos I took yesterday while my sisters and I tried (and failed) to make a tik tok videoπŸ˜‚ My heart was full and I'll be grateful for the memories for years to come.😊


Bisous!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)