Saturday 28 February 2015

Count your blessings!


You all know that Sunday school song... *singing*
"Count your blessings; name them one by one. Count your blessings; see what God has done. Count your blessings; name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done!"
.. that is literally what I'm about to do. The last few weeks have been filled with sooo many blessings but lemme just outline a few.

So if you know me at all, you'll know that I'm passionate about music. I love to hear it, analyse it, (attempt to) play it and most important of all sing it (refer to beginning of post). With that said, I really hate auditions. Who wants to be put on the spot and asked to think of a song to sing? Definitely not this girl! *points at self* Have you ever tried it? You could be an amazing performer (shower included: there is no judgment here, plus the acoustics are amazing in there!) but once someone asks you to sing something, you'd go blank. That was me on the day I auditioned for UCT choir. To make it worse I was only just recovering from flu (thanks so much Cape Town) and my voice was almost all gone. I have some amazing friends though, thank God! Shout out to Jack, who brought me brunch in bed because I refused to leave; Mahali, who told me to shut up, drink warm water the whole day and do vocal warm ups; Chatowa, who listened to my rantings about failing to choose a song and suggested some really good ones; and Lee, who was an absolute star and came all the way from Rochester to Rondebosch (really far..lol) just to get me prepped for the audition. In case you're wondering, it went really well and I'm part of the choir now, *happy dance* ask my snapchatters-they know all about it . It's a pretty big deal too me cause it's something I'd been saying I'd do and for it to actually happen this year is frabjous (it's an actual word, I promise, look it up). The people are everything and more! As in "where have you been all my life" everything. So yes, I'm thankful for that, even when I have to finish my day at 9 p.m. because of practice.

Yesterday I had a pretty funny experience, well now that I look back on it I can call it funny. So I got my allowance (three cheers for the short month that is February, hip hip-hooray x3) sent to me in my Zambian account (Visa card) and being the good daughter I am, I went to make a withdraw and transfer into my Standard bank. You'd think I'd be rewarded for being so vigilant, but nooo! The universe decided it was going to have fun with me and have the ATM freeze while my visa card was still in it. You've never experienced panic until you lose/think you've lost a foreign bank card. I was just standing there like "what must happen?" So I said a little prayer to God just asking for someone somewhere to help me out. It might sound strange (seeing as I was standing by an ATM) but I serve a mighty God who can DO ALL things. Sure enough, a few minutes later the security guard came to ask me why I had been standing there for so long. Can you imagine the joy on my face when he told me there was a way he could sort it out? Relief flooded through my body (I had been sending my mom and friends Grace and Perry some stressed out whatsapps a few minutes earlier; thank you again for the prayer Gracie!) and I waited to see what little miracle God had laid out for me. Like my mum told me, "Indeed our God is gracious, he says "Before they call, I will answer."" He sent me a guardian angel in the form of  an armored vehicle security guard (you know those guards that move around with the armored money carrying vehicles (duh) ) that I originally didn't like - the irony. He retrieved it for me, after asking a few verification questions of course and I was able to go on with my transaction in peace. Happiness is averting a catastrophe!

I got a blessing in the form of a changed major as well. You'd never believe how miserable I was in my genetics major. I complained All. The. Time. But this year God made a way for me to move into Human Physiology (thank you Jesus); a different major which is associated with med school. So I'm one step closer to realizing my dream and happier for it. It's something that I've been praying about so getting an answer to that prayer was more than amazing. I told my mom immediately it pulled through (tbh I think she was happier than I was, my very own cheerleader.lol, You rock a'sisi!). It's a lot of work, but it's totally worth it (yes even my super early morning starts)!

My favorite blessing came in the form of my very own housemate Tumelo. I was soooo worried about who I was going to share my flat with this year. It actually stressed me out, but it was nothing a little prayer couldn't fix. She's the sweetest you guys, shame. She's Zambian, Christian, cooks well, we have common friends, caring and funny. What more could I ask for? a little less noise perhaps? lol..jokes. I'll complain about her if she gets annoying.

And that's all I have for now. Don't get me wrong, he blesses me on a daily; he allows me to wake up, provides me with food and protection, has given me amazing family and such lovable friends. But those are the big ones that have come to mind. I'm extremely content.

What blessings have you guys been getting? Let me know!

Bissous
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)