Wednesday 27 January 2016

How to : Nude Lips, Plum Liner and Other Pretty Things


So this may come as a shock to some of you, but I'm not really a make-up girl. Well that is, I'm not an all out make-up girl. I used to be, ask my sisters, and would not leave the house without putting my whole face on. But life and school catch up with you and NOBODY is going to be waking up like two hours earlier just to get all that done, so I gave it up and started getting comfortable in my own skin. It was a little hard at fist and I didn't start off by going cold turkey (I hang on to my foundation for so long) but with time, a lot of water and great face care practices I now leave my house with only moisturizer and lip balm(or Vaseline) on.

Okay back to the point of this blog, with all that said, I am not anti-makeup. Don't get me wrong, I still have to restrain myself when I walk past the Mac store in the mall like every other little girl and I get ll dolled up when I have the time or there's an occasion. This last week, I had plenty time, lol so I got my stuff out and played with my face. Right now I am absolutely obsessed with nudes, browns and all things natural looking. I actually spent some time googling what other girls are doing and watching a bunch of my favourite YouTubers talk about their everyday makeup routines. I prepped my face (really important step) and got to playing

Nude lips

What drives me crazy was the way my nude lippy (Cherish by Mac) has this way of making me look hungry (LOL) or washing my lips out so I paid attention to how other people wore theirs and found out that pairing it with a good lip liner does the trick. Now bear in mind that I haven't bought makeup in such a long time and didn't have any liners on hand, so I got resourceful and pulled out my lip brush and another lipstick ( Diva by Mac) that I used as a liner. The pairing of the two was perfect! I'm actually going to go in and look for a liner in that shade cause I cant get enough of how lush it gets my lips looking.



Plum liner

I'm usually very conservative with my eye make up, I hardly ever touch eye shadows or colourful liners and mascaras, as opposed to the daring lips I sometimes choose so I decided to switch it up (as I was in the comfort of my own home). I have a plum eyeliner and used that to line the bottom of my eyes, the colour looked so pretty and as a good change from boring black liner all the time. Jokes, i'm extremely loyal to my pencil and used it on my top lids. 

Edges

You would not believe how long I've been trying to get my edges to behave. Ever since I went natural basically *insert straight face* I was so tempted to get them relaxed just so that they'd lay but I've stayed away from the creamy crack. Whoop whoop! Anyway, two years later and they've finally started to behave. I went back to the Dr. Miracles edge control after trying out the olive oil edge control and ending up giving it away. For some reason this time it works, hmph. I have been using my spray bottle, some coconut oil and my brush on them before I get to the edge control part so that might be what's different but all I can say is I'm grateful! Don't have to go around looking ragedy no more. HA! *fist pump*

Eyebrows

No, I do not draw my brows on. Lol. Those are all mine and I'm very proud of them. I get them waxed by some lady here when they grow out, don't have a set time for that. And in between waxes I just pluck out strays with my trusty pair of tweezers and brush them out with my brow brush for shape. On occasion when I'm doing my whole face i'll maybe highlight them with some concealer.


I took a few selfies for you guys on the day but totally forgot to take pictures of my products, sorry!
I'll definitely get you guys a post on my favourite things and all the products that were used in this post. Will probably do it in a series cause I've got a bunch of favourite things I want to share with you all. Until then, stay beautiful!

Bisous
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)